Processed with VSCO with c1 preset
2017 was such an amazing year. I had so many milestones in my life like graduating high school, moving, and starting college. I made memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I met so many new faces, traveled to New York City, went on my first mission trip, and so much more. Last year definitely had its challenges though. The last month or so of the year I found myself losing focus of God. Our relationship was a roller coaster. I was constantly going up and down on all the highs and lows that life put in my path. I let myself get distracted by life. I gave power and priority to certain feelings and thoughts I was having over God. Instead of running to the arms of the ultimate comfort, I turned away. Over Christmas break, I began to think about the year to come. I was determined to start the year off differently than how I had ended the last one. I wanted to live my life, not just for the next 365 days, but for the rest of my days, completely in focus. Here’s a few of the ways I plan to do just that.
- Be vulnerable. I want to stop hiding from my feelings, but most importantly I want to stop hiding my feelings from God.
- Be intentional. I want to be intentional with my relationships. I want to pursue the people in my life and for them to feel loved, cherished, and important. I want to get to know the friends I have on a deeper level. I want to spend more time with my family even if it sometimes means saying no to doing something fun with my friends.
- Pray more. I want to be in constant conversation with God. I want to speak to God, and I want Him to speak back even if it means waiting.
- Find my five. Since classes started back, I’ve found it hard to do the things I enjoy. I want to change that. This past Sunday my pastor talked about finding your five. That means you find five things you love, and you do them for a little bit of time every day. One of my goals is to put that to practice.
- Live like Jesus. One day this past week in my quiet time with God I found myself asking God to teach me to live like Jesus. I’ve been struggling with treating people the way Jesus would. I want to change that because if I can’t love and forgive how can Jesus forgive me of the things I’ve done?